IFTA Permit | DISA Global Solutions – formerly American Licensing Services
850 Arnele Ave , Suite 101, El Cajon, CA 92020

IFTA Permit

DISA Global Solutions – formerly American Licensing Services

IFTA Permit


Need an IFTA permit?

If you’re operating interstate over 26,000 lb. GVW or any 3-axle truck, you need one. If you don’t get an IFTA permit, you’ll need to purchase a trip permit for every state or Canadian jurisdiction you travel through. That gets expensive.

DISA makes it simple to get an IFTA permit quickly. We issue the license and permit right from our office in minutes, not days. With 33 years in business, you can be confident that we will give you the best service and will get the job done quickly and professionally.

We Make It Simple!

CALL NOW: 1-800-972-2881

Learn more…

What is IFTA? To begin with, IFTA stands for the “International Fuel Tax Agreement”. In addition to your registration, DOT Number, and MC Authority, this is a very important permit for your company. With an IFTA permit and decal, you’re able to operate throughout the U.S. and Canada. Without it, you would be required to purchase a trip permit for every state or jurisdiction you travel through. That will cost you time and money, plus, it can be a very frustrating process. Some states sell the permit at their Port of Entry while others require that you buy the permit in advance. Although buying individual trip permits can be an option for an occasional trip out of state, an annual IFTA permit may be a far better option if you make more than a few trips per year. Give us a call and we can help you figure it out.

When using an IFTA permit, there are some record keeping and reporting responsibilities that you should be aware of. If you read all the rules and regulations, it can seem overwhelming. This is where a licensing service like DISA is beneficial. We make it simple by explaining only the regulations that pertain to your specific operation. In general, you should be prepared to keep track of your miles driven and fuel purchased. You may either use an Electronic system if it meets the audit requirements, or we can provide you with a very simple “Trip Sheet” to fill out for each trip.

At the end of the quarter, a fuel tax return must be filed with the state to show exactly how much fuel you bought and how many miles were traveled. With this information, your fuel tax liability is calculated for each state. Credit is applied for the tax you paid. The end result is either a tax refund or tax due. In most cases, the tax you paid at the pump is enough to cover the tax liability. DISA can take care of this tax reporting for you- simply provide us with a copy of your trip sheets and/or a summary of the mileage and fuel information. That’s all we need to calculate the taxes due (or refund) and file your return. Again, we make it simple. Remember, the mileage and fuel information you submit is subject to audit by the state. Good record keeping is crucial. Our professional IFTA tax reporting services will help ensure that you stay in compliance.

As you can see, with 35 years in business, DISA has the experience you need to take care of all your IFTA needs including the setup of your new account, quarterly tax reporting, and annual renewals. Professional services at a reasonable price.

Get Your IFTA Permit Today: 1-800-972-2881

Do you have a question?

See our contact page or just give us a call at 1-800-972-2881

Authorized DMV Business Partner (License 35465) | Bonded & Insured including $1,000,000 of Errors & omissions coverage

The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) does not endorse or sponsor any of the goods, services, or commercial activities described or offered in this website.