IRP Registration | DISA Global Solutions – formerly American Licensing Services
850 Arnele Ave , Suite 101, El Cajon, CA 92020

IRP Registration

DISA Global Solutions – formerly American Licensing Services

IRP Registration

IRP Registration

Need an Apportioned plate right away?

Just like the IFTA permit, if you operate in two or more states, you need an IRP Registration. Without an apportioned plate, you’ll be required to purchase single trip permits for every state you travel through. Not only is it more time consuming to purchase single trip permits, but it is also far more costly.

DISA makes it quick and simple to obtain your apportioned plate(s), saving you both time and money. As a licensed and bonded Business Partner with the California DMV, we issue plates, stickers, and cab cards direct from our office within minutes, not days. Give us a call and let one of our friendly and experienced licensing agents explain how quickly and easily this can be done. With 33 years in business, you can be assured that you are calling a reliable company that can get the job done on time and without errors. Give us a call today to get started!

We make it simple!

CALL NOW: 1-800-972-2881

Learn more…

What is IRP? IRP stands for the “International Registration Plan”. Like IFTA, it’s an agreement between states to share your registration fees based the percentage of miles you operate in any given state. Apportioned (IRP) registration is a special vehicle registration program designed specifically for trucks & tractors that travel in two or more states. Essentially, it provides you with legal registration for every state and Canadian jurisdiction. You will get one plate and one registration card (cab card) to cover you everywhere you drive. It’s a great deal too! For roughly the same amount of money that you spend on a full-year regular plate, you can get an apportioned plate.

Just like IFTA, if you don’t get an apportioned plate you will need to purchase trip permits, which will cost you valuable time and money. Some states sell the permit at their Port of Entry while others require that you buy the permit in advance. Although buying individual trip permits can be an option for an occasional trip out of state, an annual Apportioned IRP plate will likely save you time and money. Give us a call and we can help you figure it out.

Apportioned registration requires a certain amount of record keeping and reporting responsibilities that you should be aware of. If you read all the rules and regulations, it can seem overwhelming. This is where a licensing service like DISA is beneficial. We make it simple by explaining only the regulations that pertain to your specific operation. The main requirement is to keep good track of your miles traveled in each state. You can either use an Electronic system if it meets the audit requirements, or we can provide you with a very simple “Trip Sheet” to fill out for each trip.

When it comes time to renew your apportioned registration, the annual mileage must be submitted to the DMV with your renewal. The mileage information you submit is subject to audit by the state. Good recordkeeping is crucial. Our professional licensing services will help ensure that you stay in compliance.

With 33 years in business, the agents at DISA have the experience you can trust to take care of all your licensing and permitting needs.

Get Your IRP Registration Today: 1-800-972-2881

Do you have a question?

See our contact page or just give us a call at 1-800-972-2881

Authorized DMV Business Partner (License 35465) | Bonded & Insured including $1,000,000 of Errors & omissions coverage

The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) does not endorse or sponsor any of the goods, services, or commercial activities described or offered in this website.